Monday, June 20, 2011

Prettiness!



Making pretty things in stones and silver takes its toll on my hands.





I get so excited at seeing my nail polish collection.
I pick a color based on how I'm feeling,
or how I want to feel - as a reminder.

Green for Adventurous
Pink for Pretty
Orange for Hyperactive
Yellow for Inspired
Blue for Thoughtful

I carefully paint them on my nails,
reading a book as I wait for them to dry.

I enjoy a full day with pretty nails before I sit at my workbench and sand, file and buff away all the color.

Funny how my jewelry turns pretty as my nail polish wears away.
Ah! The sacrifices of a jeweler!

It's all very much worth it, though.
And I think you'd agree!

(Remove with nail polish remover, and repeat...)


--- Mariann ---
xoxo

Next blog post: WORKSHOP WEDNESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment